Friday, September 18, 2009

Stockpiling

Thank you A Full Cup -

This is a great article on stockpiling, and how to do it! I've finally figured out how to do this - and I LOOVE it!

It's so fun to open up my laundry closet and see 12 bottles of laundry detergent that I bought for around $0.25-$1.00/ea, or my linen closet upstairs where I have enough toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, deoderant, etc to last me and my family until 2075! Oh - and you know how annoying it is to use the last roll of toilet paper and go in search of a box of tissues for the next time? Yep - I don't have to deal with that anymore!

Now on to the article! Happy reading!

How to Establish a Stockpile

Are you jealous that your friend has 2 years worth of toilet paper stocked in their linen closet? Have you ever gotten out of bed in the morning and dragged your hungry self to the kitchen only to find your cereal box was emptied by your husband while you lay sleeping? Well if you've experienced either of these issues you might want to consider establishing your own stockpile. Stockpiles can be small or large depending on the needs of your family.

Just to be clear, when I say the term "stockpile" I'm not referring to taking a trip to your local warehouse club for gigantic boxes of stuff; I'm referring to purchasing large quantities of stuff to be used at a later date by your family for very little out of pocket expense. Stockpiling is often accomplished by taking advantage of the best deals around. Stockpilers purchase things when the cost is at the absolute low after combining manufacturer ("mfg") coupons (sometimes double or triple the amount), store coupons, and in-store sales. Often stockpilers can get the cost so low that it's free or nearly free.

Read on here:

So tell me, what do you think about stockpiling now?

2 comments:

  1. Stock piling is something I do on a regular basis because of the type of work that my husband does. Seasonal work can be so hard especially in this economy. My best friend's husband was off work for 8 months and because I do stock pile I was able to send her home with boxes of food to help them during their rough time. It truly gives you a good feeling to be able to help those in need when you can. The Word says to withhold no good deed when it is in your power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only i had room in my apartment to store things, i'd be ALL OVER this.

    ReplyDelete