Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kroger Triples

Last night I promised myself I wouldn't go shopping.

I had stuff that I needed to get done at the house, and I honestly don't need anything. So after I straightened the house and did some laundry, I saw the pile of coupons on my counter that needed to be cut and organized still so I decided to cut them.

15 minutes into cutting the coupons, I realized that I should sort out everything that is $0.99 and under to keep aside for the Kroger and Harris Teeter Triple Coupon week. (as a reminder, they triple all coupons under $0.99 until next Tuesday.) A

fter sorting them all I decided that I should probably go to Kroger to see what they have to see if it's worth doing this. (I buy 6 newspapers, and I was only cutting the coupons from 1 of the newspapers.) So off to Kroger I went!

BUT I only went with a fistful of coupons.


I bought:
5 Huggies Baby Wipes
2 Welch's Grape Jelly
1 Lysol w/bleach
1 Lysol Kitchen Cleaner
1 Lysol Bathroom Cleaner
1 Kellogs Pop Tarts
1 Reynolds Foil
3 Mentos Gum
1 Angel Soft Toilet Paper (4 pack)
1 Suave Lotion
2 Clorox Wipes
1 Welch's Juice

Total: $44.19

Then I handed the cashier all my coupons and started watching my balance go down, down, down.

He had 5 more coupons to scan (all baby wipes) and the balance showed $10.00. Each coupon was for $2.00 - I started getting really excited. Is it possible that I really just bought all these groceries for the price of the tax?

Well - he scanned all the coupons in - Total Balance Due: $0.00 I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO PAY THE TAX! Some coupons must have had an overage that took care of the tax for me!

Needless to say, I went home, cut more of the same coupons and came back. I basically bought 5 more of everything above, except the wipes and poptarts. I also bought a drink, so my total was a little over $1.00

I have an addiction!!! =)

7 comments:

  1. Hi, i just found your link off the Faithful Provisions site. I've been using the coupon system now for about two weeks and have averaged about a 60% savings. This shows me I could do A LOT better. 100%...wow, now that's impressive How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the Clorox Wipes coupon? I have been trying to find it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Clorox Wipes coupons were in this past sunday newspaper. It was the insert with the mom and daughter standing in the kitchen - sorry I can't remember the title... =)

    Shannon - Don't stop! Coupons are sooo much fun! I've been doing it about a year now, but have been really diligent these past few months. It's amazing the deals that pop up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i would have an addiction too! you are incredible. i just need to figure out where my great deals and coupons are here in Northern NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I found your site through Abby Serio's faceboook and I have a silly question for you.
    How do you know when a store is doubling or tripling coupons? I don't get the paper but I do check the grocery store's sale papers and I don't think I've ever seen anything advertising double or triple coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby - Thanks for referring people here! =) Wal-Mart accepts coupons - here is their corporate policy - you might need to print this up and bring in to your store - just in case they try to give you any grief. I was at a store with my mom this past weekend, and I wish I had a print out of this... http://walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle -
    I normally will call the store to find out. Most grocery stores will double coupons every day up to a certain price. Call your local grocery stores and ask them what their policy is - and if they ever triple.

    ReplyDelete